Family law issues can be highly emotional and quite contentious, especially when personal relationships and financial resources are at stake. At Opara Law, we handle a variety of family law issues, including:
- Prenuptial Agreements: Many people do not appreciate the idea of having a prenuptial agreement in place before saying "I do." Some feel it takes away the romance, while others feel starting a marriage with such a document may eventually lead to a bad ending. However, individuals contemplating marriage should keep in mind that a prenuptial agreement can actually work to enhance instead of undermine the trust in a relationship.
- Divorce: Divorce can be difficult, especially when children are involved. A trustworthy divorce attorney at our firm can work with you to identify your goals, resolve your conflicts and effectively move toward resolving the issues—with as little impact on the lives of your children as possible. Opara Law has the experience to help you resolve any legal complications that may arise when dealing with such important issues.
- Mediation: Some couples are able to negotiate a divorce settlement on their own, but others need help in reaching a fair agreement. It is important to have experienced legal counsel during this process as it can get complicated and contentious. The attorneys at Opara Law act as your advocate, explain your rights as legal issues arise during settlement discussions and help the parties reach an amicable agreement.
- Forensic Accounting: Since many marriages that end in divorce are in trouble long before the divorce paperwork is filed, individuals often have a great deal of time to hide assets and income. Our law firm assists with asset valuations in Maryland divorce cases. We find assets and provide evidence of hidden income.
- Child Custody and Child Support: When ending a relationship, it is important for the couple to realize the impact on their children. If parents cannot reach their own agreement with respect to the care of the children and the amount of support they require, they may need to seek assistance from the court system. A child custody attorney helps resolve these manners while limiting the impact on your children. When your family is at stake, Attorney Clay Opara can help you negotiate child custody issues.
Personalized Solutions, Compassionate Advice
It is imperative for anyone dealing with family law matters to seek the assistance of a family law attorney. Clay Opara and his team understand that each individual and family differ. We work closely with you to gain a full understanding of your situation and listen to your concerns regarding your family, fears, hopes and plans for the future.
If you have questions or would like to speak directly with a family law attorney, contact Clay Opara at 410-685-0900 for a free consultation.
400 East Joppa RD. Suite 40 Towson, MD 21286
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: 410-685-0900 - Toll Free number: 888-248-8006